Outstanding graduates are invited to apply for the next winter semester. ASC promotes the professional equality of women and therefore urges women to apply.
Minimum grade requirement is a Bachelor’s degree above average: at least 2.0 (straight B) in German grading system. Please note that in the German garding system 1.0 (straight A) is the best mark. For more information on the conversion of grades please check “Modified Bavarian Formula” within our application instructions.
The application and the admission procedure are organized in several steps. FAU students have to follow the instructions of Step 2.
Step 1 (Deadline: March 15/ July 15)*
Please send us via email all of the required forms (download) and the following documents as scanned copies
- your Curriculum Vitae (CV) including a passport picture
- your secondary school’s leaving certificate and university entrance certificate (certified English or German version)
- Bachelor’s Degree and Academic Transcripts (certified English or German version)
- TOEFL score report (minimum score IBT 80, PBT 547, CBT 210) or other proof of English-language education (IELTS 5.5, level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, or Medium of Instruction Certificate e.g.)
- APS certificate (China)
- GRE test results (if any)
- certificates for German language courses or tests (optional)
- recommendation letters of two of your academic teachers that have known you well (optional)
to the following email address: email@example.com
Before submitting your application documents or sending requests please read the application instructions (download) carefully.
Bachelor students who will graduate before the start of the semester can apply using their transcript of records. These students will be asked to provide their final certificates if they are admitted.
There is no application fee. German language knowledge is not required.
Selected applicants will be invited for a personal or video interview. The interview takes approximately 30 minutes and serves to assess the background for a successful completion of the ASC programme.
Step 2 – Only if passed Step 1
After the screening process you will be informed whether you have been selected for admission to the ASC programme. If so, you will be asked to hand in your formal application documents to the Online Application Portal for Degree Programmes of Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nürnberg.
* The first deadline is for students who have to apply for a visa abroad. IMPORTANT: students who apply within the second deadline have to skip step 1 of the application process and to follow the instructions of step 2. Selected applicants will be also invited for a personal or video interview.